Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

AAARRRGGGH!!

Just a quick rant:  I'm sure most artists will identify with my predicament.

I work too much to work!! I am very lucky to have found a job so quickly when I moved to Asheville to start a residency at the Odyssey; its apparently not easy around here though it only took me a week and my partner about 3ish...

but now I have been working at the restaurant 6 days a week!!! and on my only day off I have a shift as resident on duty for 8 hours.  ballsacks.  I work best when I have a good long day to play and work on several projects.  but I have no full days to work on work.  I have like 4 hours every couple days. I have asked for less hours, and the manager's very cordial reply was "ill try, but no promises"....that does not make me feel reassured.    so i want to find another job, only i dont have time to find a different job. and i cant just quit because jared's (my partner) paychecks wont catch up for a couple weeks.

aaand to compound my stress level, we have a resident show, southern highlands craft sale, and a studio stroll, all coming up in a month.  fuuuuckkk.  sometimes i feel like i should just quit the jobby job and make crazy amount of work and just work my ass off to sell it.  easier said than done though, so too risky.  (i like good food and a roof to live under)

well, i hope i dont sound like a whiney twat.  things will work out, however they happen.  keep me in your thoughts/prayers/meditations/daily human offering/whatever you do-- send good energy my way man.

take care darlings

oh and pics of new studio soon, i promise.  i took some but they were grainy yucky.


----little update-I quit!! I moved here to do the residency, i'm not going to let some serving job take over my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment