Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Studio, I am sorry


Ernie has become a storage space:


So all the work for my upcoming drawing show and the residency applications I have been sending out has left me no time to work in my clay studio.  I feel guilty and sad for my lonely, neglected studio.  I wrote this letter:

Dear Clay Studio,

I am sorry that you have been neglected the past couple weeks.  Yes, I realize that bucket of reclaim is ready to be dried and wedged. And yes, vertebrae cup, I do care, and I do want to cast you. It’s just, you know, there’s another medium:  drawing.  Yes, I know it is not as fulfilling as you, but as soon as this show is over, we will continue on as if nothing every happened.  So be patient.  I will return soon. 

Forever yours,

  Lainey

No comments:

Post a Comment