Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finished a new wall installation!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful fall and holiday season!

 I finished a new wall installation last week! I had it up just for a day before it got whisked away to the exchange show at Flux Studios in DC. Tell me what you think please!! Here are some images:

Neuro Stratus wall installation






Whew, I worked so hard on this piece. I had to take a mental break after I sent it away.  It was basically all I worked on for almost a month.  I had separation anxiety for a bit when it first left, haha.  But I am very excited to have completed another large wall piece. 

I was hoping for a break after I sent this piece out, you know, chill down a bit and get ready for the holidays.  But then I got invited last minute to a group show at the Craft Guild of Southern Highlands.  Word on the street is everyone got notified last minute, which isn't so exciting to accommodate.  But, of course, since its a good gallery and a great opportunity, I accepted the invitation.  When I go home to Stl, I expect to do nothing but sit on my arse and consume tastey goodies in the comfort on my families' homes! 

I hope you all enjoy the pictures!!  Til next time...!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great work! How was it done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      The forms are built out of clay and fired to a bisque temperature. The surface is developed with many layers of ink built up, and acrylic paint is used for some areas and detail. Colored pencils also make up many of the details. Once the surface and all details are completed I spray it with a clear coat to enhance the colors and protect the surface from dust.

      Thank you for asking!

      Delete